Sunday, November 15, 2009

Build-A-Bear

Today we went to a Build-A-Bear store.  It was so much fun!!  The kids picked out their animals and then we had them "stuffed".  They let them decide how soft of firm they want the animal to be and they also let them get a little heart to put inside.  They get to rub the heart to warm it up and give it a little kiss and this is what brings their animal to life.  It was AWESOME!!  I wanted one for myself by the time the kids got done.  Once they have all their parts in place they get stitched up and you get to pick an outfit, shoes, wigs, bloomers, roller skates.....pretty much anything you can imagine.  Then you pick a name and register them so that you can print out the birth certificates.  It was a great experience and Addison has already asked about a night gown for her bunny.  

Michael got a puppy he (okay, we) named Ruff.  He got him a Spiderman costume.  It came with a mask pre-cut with holes for his ears and everything:)  Addison got a rabbit that she named Sparkle.  She picked out an Ariel (The Little Mermaid) costume for her bunny and it came with a wig!   







Now here is my wisdom tooth debacle update.....

I was going to post pictures of my gum where the dry socket had actually cracked the thing open. After taking and looking at these pictures I have decided against it. They are pretty gross! I am still in pain from this tear...not the actual cuts made by the surgeon or the other three sockets that are now empty. I may have to make another trip to the surgeon's office just for more pain meds until this thing heals up:(

Other than that we have had a really good weekend full of friends, beautiful weather and fun!

2 comments:

one lucky ducky said...

Tyler has a gift card to Build-A-Bear that he got from his 2nd birthday! We're losers...LOL! The only one down here is at the Avenues, which we never go to! Maybe we'll make a special trip before Gabe leaves.

I'm glad you're back to blogging! :)

Hooked on Fishing said...

Your on a roll Valerie! Keep up the blogging!
-
And sorry to hear your having problems with your teeth, when they do heal up you'll be a lot better off than before!
-
I made a build-a-bear cow and got him a little camo outfit, dog tags and a hard hat so he could look like me! I made him probably 8 years ago and I still have him out! Tell the kids Sparkle and Ruff look great!